ABAC Summit 2022 tickets are out now!
ABAC Summit 2022 “Managing Governance, Anti-bribery, Whistleblowing, Compliance & Risks Effectively!”
CRI® Group, a global leader in risk, compliance and background investigations, to host an “Anti-bribery, anti-corruption (ABAC) Summit” in association with the Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC®) Center of Excellence. The Summit embraces the theme of “Managing your Organisation Governance, Anti-bribery, Whistleblowing, Compliance & Risks Effectively” and it is a must-attend event for anyone working in anti-bribery and anti-corruption, due diligence, risk management, and anti-fraud such as CEOs, CFOs, Chief Legal Officers, Chief Compliance Officers, In-house Counsels, Compliance Managers, Lawyers and Auditors, Heads of Procurement and Other officers responsible for Compliance and Anti-Corruption. You can check out the full schedule here.
The ABAC Summit is a two-day hybrid event; on the 7th, we will hold the physical conference in Kuala Lumpur (venue TBC), and the conference will be streamed live for anyone who wants to watch it in the comfort of their house or office. And on the 8th, we will hold three physical workshops (venue TBC) with some of the conference featured speakers and other industry experts.
The day one conference will include speeches on compliance with the most significant international laws and regulations and Q&A sessions with experts on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Day two is divided into three targeted workshops. All workshops will include highly informative work sessions, group discussions, Q&A periods, and plenary sessions to address the many challenges the corporate world faces.
The ABAC Summit will bring together some of the greatest minds in the fight against corruption, with a lineup of expert speakers that share their experiences, knowledge and best practices with an attentive audience, including members from MACC, the Prime Minister of Malaysia Office and the US Embassy in Malaysia. Intending to redefine the anti-bribery culture within organisations in the country, this Summit and workshop bring together Foreign Consulates, high-profile enforcement authorities, faculty speakers, delegates from top 500 Forbes and public limited companies, and media in a single forum to discuss effective internal controls, ethics, compliance measures and best practices for preventing and detecting bribery within organisations. The event aims to provide guidance and training that enables business sectors to fight malpractices.
Many CEOs, CFOs, directors, compliance and legal officers, lawyers, and due diligence and risk management professionals from leading corporate entities have already confirmed attendance.
All speakers will be sharing invaluable expertise in due diligence, internal controls and compliance issues, along with showcasing the latest resources and solutions to detect and prevent bribery and corruption:
- Drago Kos, Chair of OECD Working Group on Bribery with “The OECD 2021 Recommendation: New standards for the companies’ governance”;
- Faisal Anwar, CCEP-I, Member of B20 Integrity & Compliance Task Force at B20-Italy & Saudi Arabia with “Governance, Fraud Risk, and Compliance”;
- Prime Minister of Malaysia Office representative;
- Zafar Anjum Group CEO of Corporate Research and Investigations and ABAC® Center of Excellence with “Managing your Organisation Governance, Anti-bribery, Whistleblowing, Compliance and Risk Effectively;”
- US Embassy representative with “The US Strategy in Countering Corruption: Implications for US businesses worldwide”;
- MACC representative with “Company in Malaysia: Earn the TRUST, MACC expected from you”;
- Mark Chay, CEO of Coalition for Business Integrity (CBI) with “Anti-bribery verification: Affordable anti-bribery program for small and medium enterprise (SME)”; and
- Dr Muhammad Mohan, President, Transparency International Malaysia with “Corporate governance and Board effectiveness: Corporate governance policies.”
Time is running out to make your plans to attend ABAC Summit 2022 and get an edge on the latest best practices, laws, regulations and compliance presented by the foremost experts in the field. Meet colleagues; or make new connections with CEOs, CFOs, other executives, directors, lawyers, auditors, legal officers, compliance officers and others who face the same anti-fraud and anti-corruption challenges.
Day 1 – Conference
CRI® Group founder and CEO Zafar Anjum said: “This year’s agenda was developed to provide you with invaluable information and foresight into the forces that guide and dictate our everyday work life: the ongoing quest for solutions, balance, and insight into the often chaotic world of anti-bribery and corporate corruption compliance”. This is a critical time for world markets and economies.
The latest Corruption Perceptions Index shows that “most countries around the world are making little or no progress in ending corruption” (Transparency International, titled “Corruption perception index 2021”). That’s why the expertise, best practices and resources shared by the leading industry experts at the ABAC conference and workshop are more important than ever. In the Asia Pacific region alone, most countries are in the lower half of this year’s Corruption Perceptions Index. This is because bribery is still a key problem. Countering corruption together is the solution; that’s why CRI® Group is hosting the 2022 ABAC Summit, with a conference agenda that includes the following highlights:
- A welcome introduction by Zafar Anjum MSc, CFE, Intl. Dip. (Fin. Crime) with “Managing your Organisation Governance, Anti-bribery, Whistleblowing, Compliance and Risk Effectively.” As founder and CEO of Corporate Research and Investigations and ABAC® Center of Excellence, Zafar Anjum has dedicated 30 years to fraud prevention, protective integrity, security and compliance. His expertise helps create secure networks across challenging global markets;
- Speech from a member of the Prime Minister of Malaysia Office;
- Keynote Speech from am a member of the US Ambassador in Malaysia, who will present “The US Strategy in Countering Corruption: Implications for US businesses worldwide.”
- Plenary Talk by a Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) member with “Company in Malaysia: Earn the TRUST, MACC expected from you.”
- Plenary Talk by Drago Kos, Chairman of the Organization for Economic Co-operation & Development (OECD), will present “The OECD 2021 Recommendation: New standards for the companies’ governance“. Drago Kos is the Chairman of the OECD Working Group on Bribery in International Business Transactions, Co-Chair of the Defence Corruption Monitoring Committee in Ukraine and adviser to the Kosovo Anti-Corruption Agency.
- Plenary Talk by Dr Muhammad Mohan, President, Transparency International Malaysia, will present “Corporate governance and Board effectiveness: Corporate governance policies;
- Plenary Talk by Mark Chay, CEO of Coalition for Business Integrity (CBI), will present “Anti-bribery verification: Affordable anti-bribery program for small and medium enterprise (SME)”;
- Plenary Talk by Faisal Anwar, CCEP-I, Member of B20 Integrity & Compliance Task Force at B20-Italy & Saudi Arabia, will present “Governance, Fraud Risk, and Compliance.”
|SAVE YOUR SEAT||SEE FULL SCHEDULE|
Day 2 – Workshop
This is an excellent learning opportunity, with a workshop agenda that features some of the day one conference keynote speakers, the workshops will address topics critical to any organisation leader or executive, including:
- Risk Management strategies and Fraud Investigation
- Governance, compliance, anti-bribery compliance and AML issues
- Whistleblowing and Internal Investigation
- The FCPA, UK Bribery Act, etc.
- Mitigate employee risk with Employee Background Screening and Due Diligence
- Procurement and Third-party risk management
Gain invaluable expertise from distinguished expert speakers and share your knowledge with the participants.
Price List Details
|Virtual Conference only||MYR 500||GBP 89||EUR 106||USD 119|
|Physical Conference only||MYR 1,000||GBP 179||EUR 216||USD 238|
|Physical Workshop only||MYR 1500||GBP 269||EUR 320||USD 357|
|Virtual Conference & Physical Workshop (bundle)||MYR 1,500||GBP 269||EUR 320||USD 357|
|Physical Conference & Workshop (bundle)||MYR 2,000||GBP 359||EUR 426||USD 476|
|SAVE YOUR SEAT||SEE FULL SCHEDULE|
Based in London, CRI® Group works with companies across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific as a one-stop international Risk Management, Employee Background Screening, Business Intelligence, TPRM, Due Diligence, Compliance Solutions and other professional Investigative Research solutions provider. We have the largest proprietary network of background-screening analysts and investigators across the Middle East and Asia. Our global presence ensures that no matter how international your operations are, we have the network needed to provide you with all you need, wherever you happen to be. CRI® Group also holds BS 102000:2013 and BS 7858:2012 Certifications, is an HRO certified provider and partner with Oracle. In 2016, CRI® Group launched the Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC®) Center of Excellence – an independent certification body that provides education and certification services for individuals and organisations on a wide range of disciplines and ISO standards, including ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management- Guidelines; ISO 37000:2021 Governance of Organisations; ISO 37002:2021 Whistleblowing Management System; ISO 37301:2021 (formerly ISO 19600) Compliance Management system (CMS); Anti-Money Laundering (AML); and ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management Systems ABMS. ABAC® offers a complete suite of solutions designed to help organisations mitigate the internal and external risks associated with operating in multi-jurisdiction and multi-cultural environments while assisting in developing frameworks for strategic compliance programs. Contact ABAC® for more on ISO Certification and training.